Sony Xperia X Compact gets September security update, Xperia C4 gets July’s
Sony has updated its Xperia X Compact and Xperia C4 handsets with Google’s recent security patches. The Xperia X Compact now jumps to firmware version 34.1.A.3.22 with September’s security patches while the Xperia C4 is upgraded to 27.3.A.0.129 for single SIM and 27.3.B.0.129 B for dual-SIM variants based on July’s security update.
Other recently updated Sony handsets include:
All of the above firmware is based on July or September’s Google security updates – though why Sony is pushing out July updates at the end of October isn’t clear.
We recently reflected on a year of Android Marshmallow updates to see how each carrier performed their rollouts. Find out why Sony was on our ‘dishonorable mention’ list at the link, and see when it might start deploying the Android Nougat update at our overview page.
If you’re an Xperia X Compact or Xperia C4 owner, look out for update arriving OTA soon.
- AT&T earns millions selling call data to law enforcement without court order
- Apple may still bring iMessage to Android, eventually
- Bootloader of Verizon-exclusive Google Pixel has been unlocked
- Galaxy S8 rumored to feature optical fingerprint recognition
- Google Pixel XL manufacturing cost on par with that of iPhone 7 Plus, Galaxy S7 edge