Samsung was the top smartphone manufacturer in Taiwan last month
Overall, smartphone shipments in Taiwan during August rose 7% sequentially, according to local retail channels. In terms of raw numbers, that works out to 663,000 handsets shipped in the month, up 44,000 from July’s figure. Care to guess which manufacturer was on top? We can tell you that this brand led the way in smartphone sales volume and sales value during August, and was Samsung.
Following Samsung on the list, based on sales volume, was Asus. HTC finished third with Apple fourth. Sony and Oppo were fifth and sixth, respectively. Since Apple’s phones are comparatively expensive, in terms of sales value the U.S. manufacturer was second to Samsung last month in Taiwan. In third was Sony followed by HTC, Asus and Oppo.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was the top selling model in Taiwan for August, with the Samsung Galaxy J (2016) second. The 64GB Apple iPhone 6s was third with the Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE552KL) fourth. In fifth was the 64GB Apple iPhone 6s Plus. The HTC Desire 728 dual sim finished sixth last month in Taiwan. The Samsung Galaxy J7 was next followed by the 32GB Asus ZenFone 3 (ZE520KL), Samsung Galaxy J5 and the Oppo F1.
Sources from Taiwan retail channels say that the issue with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7’s defective battery, the recall and exchange of the Note 7 units, and the launch of the new iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus could make it difficult for Samsung to remain on top in Taiwan this month.
- THE FASTEST PLAYER EVER?! TOTS AUBAMEYANG PLAYER REVIEW! FIFA 16 MOBILE (ANDROID/IOS!)
- Wevideo/video Editor app review (Best video editor for android)
- theScore Mobile iPhone App Review – CrazyMikesapps
- Report: Xiaomi Redmi 3S Plus to go on sale in Indian retail stores from Saturday
- Oculus apps allegedly cause overheating, battery drain on recently updated Galaxy smartphones